Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Busy Times Ahead!

Hello!
I just wanted to give an update here!
I have ceased to take on freelance jobs for now, as I am now in school!! :)
I have begun taking classes with the Art Institute of Pittsburgh--Online Division. So far, I have completed their orientation class and am a week away from completing Computer Literacy, which includes beginning use of Photoshop and Illustrator, which has been very challenging! I am learning a lot and cannot wait to move forward!
My next class is going to be Fundamentals of Design, followed by Color Theory in Print. From there, I have several traditional art classes to take as well as plenty of computer classes!
My goal is to get my Associate's Degree in Graphic Design. I decided not to go for a BS because I already have a Bachelor's and all of my core classes would have transferred leaving me with mostly art and graphics classes. I didn't feel I needed another bachelor's.
As I get more classes under my belt, I may very well take up freelance again, although the best option for that may be via the college, who offers this service to students.

Additionally, I have of course gotten more and more pregnant! :) My due date is now 2 days away and my body is finally giving me the ol' high sign that labor might be imminent. I will henceforth be consumed with our newborn daughter and Christmas until mid-January when school starts again! As I complete more in-depth school projects, I will post them here. :)
Thank you for your interest!
Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear: don't spam me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...