Friday, February 25, 2011

Busy Women and Writing

I belong to SheWrites (I know, I know, my arms ache from how stretched out I am!) and this very interesting article caught my eye, as I'm always interested in the whole mom/woman/writer connection!  Enjoy!

Pink and Blue Diaries:
Posted by The Pink and Blue Diaries on February 25, 2011 at 5:30am


Deborah Siegel mashes up YOUR wisdom.

One thing I've long loved about She Writes is the intergenerational breadth of its membership. My post last Friday on Book/Life fit elicited confident wisdom from women writers who have been there, done that; tentative nuggets, based on trial and error, from many of us on the road to figuring it out; and one wisely skeptical nugget from fellow She Writer and cultural commentator Katha Pollitt, who wrote:

“[M]ale writers don't write these articles about how busy they are. They don't feel guilty if they do their work. They simply claim the time and the family has to deal with it.”

Read the rest on SheWrites--->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear: don't spam me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...