Sunday, July 5, 2009

Writing Sample: Must-Haves for Your Child's Playroom

"When we moved into our new home, we had the traditional set-up of both a family room and a formal living room on our first floor. Having a teaching background, I was chomping at the bit to design our playroom, knowing just what I wanted. I quickly made up a list of must-haves for my sons' new room: a comfy, well-organized reading area, a kitchen and dress-up area, table and chairs for creative play and a play table to start.

Being an avid reader myself, books and a comfy, well-lit place to read them were a must. Therefore, we included a hand-me-down couch that was slip-covered and a bright floor-lamp. Using a hand-me-down couch meant that it didn't matter if it got anything on it. For extra seating should there be friends over, we also have two bean bag chairs. Containers are a must to keep everything well-organized, even the books. I chose baskets, as I was incorporating this room into our regular living space and I wanted an overall homey feeling. For larger toys or categories that cannot be contained in a shelf-sitting basket, an old-fashioned toy box is a great alternative. Make sure to look for one with the special hinges that keep the lid from slamming shut on little fingers."

For this article in its entirety, please click here.

This article is posted on Helium.com and is currently ranked by my writing peers at #7 out of 29 articles under this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear: don't spam me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...