Sunday, July 5, 2009

Writing Sample: Poetry: Fantasy

"Gaze Into My Eyes

My pale face
Shimmers in the starlight.
Framed by black hair,
My eyes shine and
Darken to midnight blue.
My aura is so controlled
That I am the essence of illusion,
The Mistress of Magic.
My hood falls back,
My cloak swept from
My narrow shoulders.
The staff I possess
Helps me not to walk,
But announces my presence;
Strong and slender,
It parallels my stance;
It is the instrument
That centers my thoughts,
Or will be wielded
For my defense. "

For this poem in its entirety, please click here.

This poem is currently ranked #3 out of 163 by my writing peers under this title.

[Please keep in mind I wrote this when I was about 18 years old!! :) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear: don't spam me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...